Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Making A Joyful Noise

 


I decided to try something new this fall. I joined the church choir. We have a new choir director, a sweet and gentle man named Willard who is a retired music professor. I really like Willard and his wife, Gail, and wanted to support him in this new ministry. I told him I would join, and it's a good thing because I think they needed a soprano.

I have not sung in a choir in over ten years. There were so many things to re-learn...when to breathe and not breathe, when to be piano and when to crescendo to forte. All of those musical notations.

It's been fun! 

I think it is important to try new things. It helps me grow, both as a person of character and also as a creative type. Making a joyful noise for the Lord is also a wonderful way to serve my church family.


We recently sang for the first time this season as we celebrated Quilt Sunday. The quilters offer another wonderful ministry there. So many beautiful creations!



The quilters let our new pastor's children pick out their favorites and gifted them to all four of them. Those kids were so happy to show everyone their new quilts!

Music and quilts. It was good to be in the house of the Lord.

Choir practice tonight. I wonder what we will sing for Advent and Christmas season?

Blessings, café friends!





1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Your post makes me miss (SO much) the church both I and my kids grew up in. We had to change about 10 years ago and it was heart-breaking. The church we attend now is definitely Bible-preaching, but it doesn't have that charming homespun fellowship our original one did. Enjoy your new calling!

    ReplyDelete