Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Teacups and Flowers

 


Good morning, café friends!

I have a fun card to share with you today that uses some flower stamps and dies from Catherine Pooler. First of all, I saw this card design on Pinterest and thought "Hey, cool design! I should try that!"

I began with Stamp-a-doodle background stamp that was part of a Club Sursee kit. I embossed it in white, and then blended inks for an ink resist look. 



I used the direct-to-paper technique to color my white card stock with CP inks. I cut out the Doodle Flower dies, which are so dang cute! The centers have texture and they add just a little something to each flower.

I used the Merry Mug die from PTI, then filled it with flowers and adhered it to the circle base. I added the Warm Wishes sentiment, but then decided that a little tea bag was needed, so I used the stamp from Cuppa Tea and cut it out by hand.


I stamped the sentiment on the inside, and voila. A cup of springtime tea!



This kit was from January's Club Sursee, and it has taken me this long to use it. Waah! I've been slow in the paper crafting department lately. Too many other projects that need my attention!  Articles to write, a garden that needs tending, a son that is graduating. Busy season.

I think I need a cup of tea. I hear it solves everything. 😊

1 comment: