Thursday, August 18, 2022

Landscape or Portrait?

 


What style of card do you make most often? Landscape or portrait?  I admit, I usually make portrait-style cards most often. But sometimes, the elements of a card will look better in landscape-mode.

Today's card, for example. I had some spare pieces of paper on my desk, and thought they'd make cute flags for this card front. I probably could have made it work with portrait, too, but it just looked better this way.

A lot of these elements were just hanging around, waiting to be used... the die cut circle, the stamped mug and leaves. It made assembly very fast and easy!


I started by ink-blending the card base with Buttercream, and then flicked some paint splatters from Prima metallics over that.

The sentiment? It's actually straight, but I curved it on a block before stamping. I used to always, always stamp sentiments with Versafine black! But lately, I've found that with a light touch, the colored inks from CP give a nice crisp image, too!


Thanks for visiting the café today!

No comments:

Post a Comment