Thursday, March 14, 2024

Random Acts of Flowers

 


Last summer, the drain commission did a less than stellar job of clearing the woods along our property in our neighborhood. It looked pretty sad when they were done, with piles of sticks, logs, and debris tossed willy nilly.

My husband and I spent the rest of the summer cleaning up the mess and trying to make it look a little more natural. This area of the woods along the creek is common ground, but it runs along our property and is visible from the sidewalk.

So last fall, I purchased 100 daffodil bulbs from Aldi, on sale, and went to work secretly planting them in clumps in the woods. Nothing that looked too deliberate. Just natural.

I looked out yesterday, on a beautiful 70 sunny day, and look what I spotted! The first of the randomly planted flowers was blooming! Even before the first day of spring? That's a rare thing for Michigan.


I planted some daffodils on an Easter card this week!

I participated in my first ever online card class with Catherine Pooler's Stamp Nation. It was fun! These were some of the elements from that class.

{Today's Brew: Daffodil Blooms (CP), Stamp a Doodle florals (CP), basket die (CP), CP inks, Lawn Fawn grass and picket fence dies, PTI egg die, PTI sentiment, MFT cloud stencil}


Happy spring colors.

Have you ever participated in an online card class or camp? Some of them can be quite pricey. This one was free to CP Stamp Nation members.

Some camps look really nice, and include all the supplies to purchase ahead of time. But yikes! The prices. Too much for me. I'll make do with what I have.

1 comment: