Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Speech Bubble Bumblebee?

 


Remember yesterday's card that used the Call Me stamp set from Catherine Pooler? I had an idea for that speech bubble in the set, and here it is!

I turned it into a bumblebee!

I got the idea from looking at the Bee stamp set in the spring mini from Stampin' Up. My "Year of Plenty" philosophy told me "Cute, but you can surely make that with what you already have plenty of."

And I did. 

Here's how it works:


I first stamped the bee's body, then went back and stamped the bee's stinger.


I used some washi tape to make some stripes, then inked it all in black.


Before stamping, just remove those washi tape strips and then you are good to go.


I paired this bee with some stamps from this Canvo stamp set from Catherine Pooler.


A fun card with hints of spring!







5 comments:

  1. That is truly creative! And cute! It's so fun coming to your blog to see what cute creation you've made or tasty recipe you're posting, etc.
    SU! just announced a bunch of price increases in the upcoming annual catalog and that has pushed me over into your "Year of Plenty". Plus, I just really like what I already have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Price increases are happening everywhere. Trying to find new ways to cut back!

      Delete