Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Spring Birding

 


Spring is such a great time of year for birding, especially during migration season. If you put out some fruits like oranges, you are likely to find Baltimore Orioles visiting one day soon. It's also a good time of year to see Scarlet Tanagers and yellow warblers. 

It's mating season for the turkeys, and we've been seeing them frequently in our yard and woods near the neighborhood.

And just last week, I saw  bald eagle perched high atop a tree just around the corner!

I think I will need to put the hummingbird feeder out soon.

In the meantime, flocks of goldfinch have been visiting every day. I can look out my window and see a dozen flying around the maple tree where the feeder resides.

Today's card uses some dies that were purchased last year from WPlus9 {hanging head in shame} that I finally got around to using.


{Today's Brew: Birdhouse and bird dies (WPlus9), The Little Things stamps and dies (WPlus9), floral background stamp (The Greetery), enamel dots}

To give the birdhouse a woodgrain look, I used a bone folder and then went back with a blender marker and some green ink to accent.


Birding...one of many spring blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment