Thursday, April 18, 2024

Spring Bouquet

 


I like to save interesting bottles for bouquets. I thought this one was perfect for transporting to my mother-in-law in the care facility.

When cutting spring flowering bulbs for bouquets, it's good to keep in mind that wherever you cut, that bulb will probably not flower next year. Spring bulbs need to die down completely, including their leaves, before you can safely cut them down and expect a return of blooms.

Some of my bulb patches grew the greenery but did not produce blooms. Either I trimmed them too soon last spring, or they just need to be dug up and re-planted. I put them in the garden seven years ago when we moved in.


This bouquet has daffodils, grape hyacinths, and some fennel for greenery. My Mom in Law always enjoyed spring flowers, and I think she appreciated them. I like to think the nurses and aides appreciate the flowers when they visit her room, too.

1 comment: