Saturday, May 25, 2024

Let's Do Brunch

 


I nearly forgot that I'd signed up for a May Pen Pal Swap at CP's Stamp Nation. Oops! And hello, May is nearly over! Better get busy!

The inspiration for this month's swap: Let's Do Brunch!


This mood board was so cute! It was hard to decide which way to go, but when I saw the jam jar that says "You're my jam", I knew I had to go with strawberries.


I had the stamp set in mind, but which colors? I grabbed CP's Fresh and Fruity papers, and used their handy color guide to get started. I love being able to match inks to papers, and it sometimes pushes me out of my comfort zone of colors. For example, I hardly ever use Mardi Gras, but it turned out to be a great, vibrant green.


{Today's Brew: Strawberries and Jam stamps and dies (CP), Ruffles and Dashes frame dies (CP), CP papers and ink, CP sequins, Cozy die (The Greetery)}

This card, these colors...it just makes me happy. Like brunch.

Any brunch plans for this Memorial Day weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I LOVE the colors of your card! I also love the little blanket and its fringe. It gives a spring picnic feel to your card.
    Our oldest daughter just got engaged last week while in Florida visiting her sister (our middle girl), so after church and picking up her and her fiance from the airport, we went to brunch at a local coffee shop with my parents and our youngest daughter. My dad just had a birthday, too, so it was fun celebrating at our impromptu brunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Nicole! How wonderful! We enjoyed an after-church brunch yesterday. I could have "breakfast" for every meal.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Mary Rose, and "yes" to breakfast anytime! When my girls were little and I felt lazy about cooking dinner, I'd make pancakes and they'd get so excited. My husband, not so much lol. "Each meal at its proper time" is his motto!

      Delete