Monday, May 27, 2024

Poppies

 


I was driving home from a nursery in the country, and had to pull over and take photos of this stunning field of poppies.



So beautiful!

Poppies are the flower of remembrance for Memorial Day. It comes from the poem "In Flanders Fields" by John McCrae.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row
That mark our place, and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly.


In Year of Plenty fashion, I remembered a poppy pin kit that I had been holding on to for "some day".

That some day is now.


It was a fun and easy kit to assemble, too. I wonder why it took me so long.


I wore it pinned to my jacket, but I think this one would work well on a hat, too.

Blessings on your holiday weekend, café friends!

1 comment:

  1. The poppy pin looks gorgeous on your white jacket and you look gorgeous, too! In our home, because I am a history nerd, we talk fairly often about the world wars and my grandfather drove a jeep in France during WWII. We remember. Freedom is not free.

    ReplyDelete