Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Apple Obsessed

 


I get a little apple obsessed this time of year. I start visiting the local farms and orchards around Labor Day, on the hunt for the best tasting apples.

Yesterday, I made a trek to an orchard that was a big part of our family traditions years ago, Erie Orchards and Cider Mill. In my memory, they have the best tasting golden delicious apple. 



And memory did not fail me. This apple is perfectly imperfect. Not shiny, like a grocery store apple. Not perfectly shaped. It's freckled and pocked. But when you bite into it? Angels sing! Crisp, juicy, the right balance of sweet and tart. The taste of autumn.

Some orchard folks will try to tell me that yellow delicious and golden delicious are the same apple. Nope. Not buying it. Golden Delicious is the queen! No comparison.


I made some apple cards to celebrate! I paired the Concord and 9th Freshly Picked stamps and dies with the Stitched Leaves card front die.


There was a lot of die cutting and assembly involved, but I found the process to be very relaxing somehow. Isn't that little sliced apple just too cute?


Two more cuties for fall.

4 comments:

  1. Your fall and apple cards are SO CUTE!!! I, too, am happy fall weather has finally arrived. The apples are showing up at our farmers' markets but I'm a die-hard Honeycrisp and Granny Smith fan. In fact, I think I might have one now with some peanut butter - mmmm, good snack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love a good Honeycrisp! And Granny Smith are the best for baking.

      Delete
  2. Love these cards and yay for apple season! This is by far the best time of year to enjoy apples. I am even drinking an apple crisp flavored coffee from Aldi right now. I am surprised at how good it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love my Aldi coffees! I'm going to have to try this one, Chris!

      Delete