Friday, September 27, 2024

Bless This House

 


Five days in a row of cards...is that a record? I can't help myself. I love making autumnal creations! And now I need to get busy mailing them, too!

Today's cards feature some items I picked up from Catherine Pooler's Flash Sale last week. The Bless This House bundle was released last year, but I didn't get it then, and boy am I glad I waited. It was a fantastic half off sale!

I like coloring sometimes, but I do gravitate to those images that you can stamp, cut, and create with in an instant. And I love to cluster images, too.

So I started by stamping a bunch of images from this set in pretty colors, and then mixing it up with backgrounds and other elements.


I used a shimmery silver cardstock with this cover plate.


A little Wink of Stella for the candle flame, too.


I did some ink swiping on the card front panel to give a look of denim. The blue pillar "candle" can also be used as a vase. And the budding branches could be bittersweet or pussy willows, depending on the colors you choose.


I added some rustic twine ribbons to the garland at the top. 

The sentiments were from other CP stamp sets, and I thought they worked well with these images.

I've had a fun week of crafting. I started by giving the craft room a good cleaning and organizing session, which always leads to me discovering things I forgot I had. It's fun to play and give myself a creative break from the daily grind.

I hope you find time this weekend to brew up some fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment