Sunday, September 22, 2024

Front Porch Concert

 


I had my first public performance this weekend with my dulcimer instructor, Sharon, at her home. It was a lot of fun! Sharon lives in the historic downtown of Chelsea, and she invites her neighbors to come and listen to her students.


I played with her group that calls themselves the Back Porch Players. They graciously allowed this newbie to join them, and I played backup chords for the set.





It was a perfect evening to play outdoors.

Sam and Ed came to listen, God bless them! And afterward, we enjoyed dinner together in Chelsea to celebrate.




And here's a video of one of the songs we played that night:






Enjoy!

Next up...holiday concerts!







2 comments:

  1. So that's what a dulcimer sounds like! I enjoyed that! That's a wonderful idea that your teacher has with these concerts. Great way to build community while also giving her students a way to show off their skills. You know how to keep life interesting, Mary Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a lot of fun! I got to play for a local senior center with the group yesterday. Getting better and a little more confident each time we play.

      Delete