Thursday, September 19, 2024

In The Garden

 


The little garden is producing some big tomatoes! This variety is called Brandywine. It's the first time I've ever grown them, and I learned a thing or two. For starters, the color is much pinker than a standard tomato, and I was waiting too long for them to "ripen" to red. Still, amazing flavor! A great sandwich tomato. Also great just sliced and drizzled with a little olive oil, crumbled feta and fresh ground pepper.


I grew peppers in pots this year, not expecting much. But they really surprised me! I had enough to make some pickled peppers last week.


A bad year for cukes, sadly. I did plant one, just one zucchini, and it's done quite well. I've already picked three! I made zucchini noodles with my spiralizer this week, and served with some roasted red pepper and tomato sauce. So good!


Other areas of the garden have gotten a little wild. I sometimes let this Virginia Creeper do its thing. It turns such a lovely shade in the fall, so I don't mind it. My husband is not a fan. lol!


This one decided to creep from the woods to my garden. I think it's a Pokeweed. I'm hoping the deer will eat the berries and leave my plants alone! Again, I like it for its beautiful autumn color palette.


I found some Goldenrod in the garden, too. Pretty!


The mums are in full bloom, and I water them daily as it's been a tad warm this month. We really need some rain, too.

Starting to see pumpkins in the stores and at the orchards. Is it too soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment