Friday, October 4, 2024

Brown Betty

 


My sisters and I had a much needed lunch date last Saturday. We popped in to the monthly vintage sale at Butter Barn Antiques...something we haven't done for a long time.

I spotted this beauty and had to look.

"Is that a Brown Betty?"

A Brown Betty is a classic British teapot, made in England, in this signature brown color. You see them in just about every kitchen in the U.K. 

And this one was a great price, too. Half the cost of new.


I also found this cute little version that was too sweet.


Perfect additions to the hutch for autumn. I think they will look great when the Spode turkey plates come out, too.


I'll be using these with my new tea blends.


Chapters Tea released some nice summer flavors, and just recently added fall flavors, too. I'm telling you, this company has ruined me for grocery store tea. I love their varieties, especially the Chai Vanilla.

And speaking of tea, Concord and 9th showed a sneak peek of a new release next week called Afternoon Tea. It's so sweet! 

Hope you find the time for a nice brew this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you found some treasures. I love your pretty fall hutch. Hi, Jemma! M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a pretty dish just because I liked it...and thought, "Mary Rose would approve!" :) M.L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, MaryLynn! You are right! I approve! 😊

      Delete