Friday, July 24, 2026

Lettuce Plague 2026

 


The Cyclospora outbreak around the country has us all a little leery when it comes to buying produce.

I'm a big salad lover, so this has been tough. I'm sticking to greens I can cook (like spinach) and fruits I can peel. I'm also buying local.

I decided to try some salad bowls. I had the seeds, I had the soil. I figure it can't hurt to give it a try.



I'm starting to see some sprouting. My only problem is the silly squirrels that have been digging in my pots this summer. I'm hoping they will leave this alone. Hopefully, with Jemma on watch duty, I can keep them protected.

In the meantime, I'm mixing up our veggie offerings now. Green beans, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, corn on the cob, zucchini. Cabbage salads and cucumber salads. It's time to get creative.

Stay healthy, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment